A product can be sold in different variations, for example different colors, sizes or different attributes.
Each variation can have its own price, stock, images and more so you can have full control over the way you sell. They can be used for a product like a t-shirt, where you can offer a large, medium and small and in different colors.
To simplify the administration of product variations, you will register a main product (or parent product) and then create variations from it.
To do so follow these instructions:
- Go to your Gravity Board > Offer
- Create your parent product (see this article: https://discodery.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035464451-How-to-add-a-product-)
- On page 4: Variations, click on the "Add" button
- Select the variation type you want to apply (by default you can choose "Color" or "Size". If you want to create your own variation types, see this article: LINK TO ARTICLE)
- Define the "Initial Value" of your variation (exemple: "Small" or "White"). That will be the default attribute of your product.
- Add the other available values of your product and if necessary, define the individual characteristics of each one of them (price, stock, pictures).
- Click "Save".