Product options are supplements that your customers can purchase while making an order.
They differ from variations because variations are the same product with different attributes (color, size,...) while options are totally different products that you can offer to your customers as a supplement to a product they are already buying.
To give an example, let's imagine that you are a restaurant and that you sell and deliver hamburgers with Discodery. You main product will be "Hamburger & Fries" and that is what the customer will purchase. But, thanks to options, you can offer to your customer during the checkout process the opportunity to choose and add sauces to his order for 0.50$ each.
Each option can have its own price so you can have full control over the way you sell them. You also have to set up your options just once and can use/apply them to multiple products.
This is a great way for you to maximize revenue by suggesting relevant additional products to your customer!
To add options, follow these instructions:
- Go to your Gravity Board > Offer
- Click on the "Options" tab
- Click on the "Create" button
- Enter a title for your option (exemple: "Sauces", "Supplements", "Additional Services", ...)
- Choose between a "Simple Selection" option (customer can only choose one) or "Multiple Selection" (customer can choose as many as he wants)
- Enter the values of your option. For example, if your option is "Sauce" your values can be "BBQ", "Bearnaise", "Ketchup" and/or "Mayonnaise". You can define an individual price for each value.
- Click "Save"
- Your option is now created! You can simply go to the product(s) where you want to use them and set them up in page 5: Options (see this article for more info: https://discodery.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035464451-How-to-add-a-product-)